There are four major spring designs in use today: coil, leaf, torsion bar, and air . The springs support the entire weight of the vehicle, absorb road shock and maintain proper ride height. Shocks and/or struts control spring oscillations. A spring that is not properly controlled can cause a rough and unstable ride.
Symptoms one might experience if their automobile needs suspension repair service
- The vehicle may sit uneven or lower than normal
- Broken or weak springs can cause increased wear on suspension parts
- Tires may wear faster than normal
- The vehicle may pull to the left or right
- The vehicle may bounce excessively after going over a bump
- The tires may be worn showing signs of cupping, or scalloping which occurs when tires don’t track straight on the pavement.
- The suspension system may be worn
Common services one might need if their vehicle is in need of this service
- Spring replacement
- Tire rotation and/or replacement
- Some springs have rubber mounting bushings that may need to be replaced
- The shocks/struts may require replacement
- Struts may need the upper bearing and/or mount replaced
- Tire rotation or tire replacement
- The springs and ride height should be checked
For expert suspension service & repair..."No Worries ... Call Ed's Auto Repair Centre!"